Who should attend?
For anyone working in a clinical psychiatric or mental health setting, including front-line team members, assessment/intake team, and support staff
What you will learn:
- Basic information on trafficking
- Brief explanation of how a victim is trapped and life in the sex industry
- Psychological effects of that lifestyle including trauma: short and long term effects
- Physical and psychological indicators including branding, mannerisms, responses, etc.
- How to talk with a victim/survivor, perform a safe, thorough assessment and development of the Plan of Care
- Long term recovery and how to find the right placement
- When and how to report