Who should attend?
Faculty and staff, educators, coaches, counselors, school nurses, student activity coordinators, student personnel professionals, and other campus employees, as well as student leaders, and other students interested in the subject matter or in starting a campus organization to raise awareness about sex trafficking.
A break-out session will be offered for anyone interested in launching a campus-based advocacy group to fight this crime and raise awareness.
What you will learn:
- Basic information on trafficking
- A brief look at who the traffickers, perpetrators, assailants and purchasers are
- Who becomes a victim and how they are trapped
- How to work with and talk to a victim/survivor
- The role of pornography in the sex-industry
- Internet safety and virtual learning
- How to assess and recognize changed in student behavior
- Life after sexual assault or in the sex industry; the effects of that lifestyle including trauma: short and long term effects
- How to report and how to access services
- Resources for students and care providers