⇒ We, at PATH are grateful for every donation we receive. To donate items call or email Stephanie at 501-993-1641 or email@example.com.
⇒ PATH accepts donations of used automobiles in good working condition. Survivors in the PATH program, who are eligible, may apply for an automobile and receive one (when available) contingent on meeting ongoing requirements in the “automobile agreement plan”. This plan includes working part-time or full-time and placing a minimum of 20% of their income in an “auto fund” for 12 months. At the end of 12 months the survivor then receives the title to the vehicle and already has money saved for emergency repairs; or is she chooses, she can put the money saved with the auto and trade for a better car. In essence, they are making car payments to themselves. This helps the survivor learn how to save money and be responsible. There are other details to the “auto contract” which requires upkeep, maintenance and insurance, etc. To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a screening of the National Documentary IN PLAIN SIGHT
(available in most Christian bookstores)
PATH was one of 6 shelters in the nation chosen to be a part of the National Documentary on Human Trafficking called “IN PLAIN SIGHT”. Executive produced and narrated by Natalie Grant, the feature-length Documentary features six modern-day abolitionists as they fight Sex-trafficking across America.
Arkansas’ own Sheriff Doc Holliday and Sargent Allen Hamby were the only state Law Enforcement agents in the nation to be featured in this film. How exciting to have Law Enforcement such as this! It is an honor to live in a state that is moving forward exponentially in recognizing and dealing with this social injustice. We are proud to be Arkansans! See more at: http://www.inplainsightfilm.com/#sthash.Zw8lr0xT.dpuf .
Facts about Human Trafficking
- There are 27-30 million people in slavery today. This is more than at any time in human history (Source: freetheslaves.net).
- 2 million children are estimated to be trafficking victims of sex trade each year (UNICEF)
- The average age of a girl being forced into the US domestic sex slavery market is 13.
- The average cost of a slave around the world is $90.
Human Trafficking Awareness
- Talk to children about strangers and make sure they memorize important addresses and phone numbers.
- Save the National Human Trafficking Resources Hotline number to your phone. 888-373-7888. Report any suspected activities to this number.
- Learn more by attending a training or having a speaker come to your site. You can register by clicking on the correct topic located on the left side of this page.
- Make a donation to an organization such as PATH, International Justice Mission, Truckers Against Trafficking and Polaris Project that fights human trafficking.
- If you know someone who has been a victim of sex trafficking, and is seeking therapeutic services and support in a loving environment, call 501-301-HELP today.